Take back your yard with B&T Pest Control mosquito treatments!
If you live in Jacksonville, NC or any of the surrounding counties, towns, or communities, then you already know that mosquitoes are often a huge problem. They love the warm, humid climate and in the summer months they can be a real issue. They are usually found all around your yard, which means that you can’t enjoy your outdoor space without having to fight them off or continuously treat your skin. And mosquitoes love water, so they are always around pools, ponds, lakes and streams. If you have water around your home, then you probably have a mosquito problem.
Our Mosquito Busting Pest Treatments
The first step to keep mosquitoes out of yards is to inspect your property and eliminate sources of standing water. Mosquitoes breed in all kinds of water – from small containers such as tree holes and buckets to large bodies of water like ditches or marshes. Mosquito breeding water may be salty or fresh, polluted or clean, standing or even slow moving. All of these breeding places create a variety of mosquito problems.
The good news is that if you call the mosquito control professionals at B&T Pest Control, we can help solve the problem for you. Our mosquito treatment will kill mosquitoes so that you can enjoy your summer cookouts in peace.
Mosquitoes are carriers of many diseases around the world. Malaria, yellow fever and dengue fever are some of the most common. In North Carolina, three viruses are carried by mosquitoes to people – Eastern equine, La Crosse and West Nile. In some cases, the illness caused by these viruses may be severe and result in encephalitis or death. Heartworm is also a common disease of dogs carried by mosquitoes.
How Our Mosquito Treatments Work
Our first step is inspection. To get rid of mosquitoes around your home we have to identify the source. Mosquitoes usually breed in small pools of water and if these are not eliminated the mosquitoes will breed again in no time
We give our clients options. If you have an outdoor party, a wedding or a dinner, it can be painful and embarrassing for your guests to fight off mosquitoes during the event. We offer single event mosquito treatments for these scenarios. Or you can choose to get mosquito protection for your home or business for the entire season.
The products that we use have been tested and approved by the EPA for effectiveness with the safety of your property, your family and pets, and the environment in mind.
All of our technicians are trained to be friendly and thorough and will be in and out of your home in the shortest time possible.
Mosquitoes are included with our guaranteed PESTGUARD pest control program at no additional charge. If you own a home or business in Eastern North Carolina you should consider being on a regular mosquito pest control program. Protecting your home and business from all types of pests is important, especially mosquitoes. Call us for a quick and effective solution for mosquitoes and take back your yard!
Mosquito Bite Prevention Tips
There are some things you can do to help prevent mosquito bites:
- Wear light colored clothing, long sleeve shirts and long pants when possible.
- Avoid outdoor activity when mosquitoes are most active which is typically around dawn and dusk.
- Use one of the mosquito repellents recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). DEET (30 percent or less for adults and 10 percent or less for children should be sufficient) and picaridin are considered to be the most effective mosquito repellents. Oil of lemon eucalyptus also repels mosquitoes but is less effective than DEET. Follow the label directions when using any mosquito repellent product.
- Keep windows and doors screened.
- Eliminate mosquito breeding places around the home. Be sure to empty, destroy, recycle or cover containers like tires, tin cans, buckets and bottles where mosquitoes can lay their eggs. Change water in bird baths and pet bowls at least once a week. Remove or empty dishes under potted plants.
When you’re tired of those bugs bugging you, call the pros at B&T Pest Control!
Guaranteed Mosquito Pest Control Treatments
Did you know that we guarantee our mosquito pest control? Mosquitoes are actually covered by our monthly guaranteed PESTGUARD pest control package! For only $39 / month you and your home can be guaranteed against mosquitoes, too!