Pest Spotlight: How To Handle Bed Bugs Infestations In Jacksonville
Having a bed bug infestation in your home can cause anxiety and frustration. Unfortunately, you may not realize that these tiny bugs have invaded your home until it turns into a full-blown infestation. At B&T Pest Control, we provide comprehensive pest control in Jacksonville and can help you get rid of the bed bugs in your home for good.
How To Tell If You Have A Bed Bug Problem
Bed bugs may be small, but that doesn't stop them from leaving behind some big clues when they have been in your home. Some of the signs that you may see if you have a bed bug problem include:
- Dark-colored spots on your bed sheets and mattress: Bed bugs like to feed on the blood of unsuspecting humans. When you are asleep, they will fill up on your blood so much that it will make their bodies swell into tiny round balls. When they get this big, they are easy to crush. If you accidentally crush a few in your sleep, you will see deep reddish-brown blood stains on your sheets.
- Dark-colored smear marks: Bed bugs leave a lot of droppings. After they defecate, they will usually walk in it, which will leave dark scar marks on your walls, mattress, and furniture.
- Eggs and eggshells: Female bed bugs can lay between five and seven eggs a day. The eggs look like tiny white grains of rice, and when they hatch, the shell is left behind. You can usually find eggs and shells under your mattress or anywhere that has a lot of bed bug activity.
- Tiny red bumps on your skin: When a bed bug bites you, it will leave behind a small, red bump on your skin. These bumps resemble mosquito bite bumps and can be extremely itchy. Bed bug bites are often found in a line or pattern on the skin.
Bed bugs release pheromones that can produce a strong, musty odor. Some people have compared the odor to a wet, moldy towel. If the smell is particularly strong, there is a good chance that you have a bed bug infestation.
The Problem With Having Bed Bugs In Your Home
Bed bugs can cause a lot of problems in your home. While they are not known to spread any diseases to humans, they leave their urine, fecal matter, and skin casings around your home, which can cause allergic reactions in some people. Also, the itchy bites can cause excessive scratching that could lead to a skin infection.
All The Place Bed Bugs Could Be Hiding In Your Home
Bed bugs are so small that they can fit in some of the most hard-to-reach places. Some of the most common places that bed bugs like to hide in homes include:
- Crevices of mattresses and boxsprings
- Furniture joints
- Inside electrical receptacles
- Cracks and gaps in the wall
- Space in between the wall and the baseboards or molding
Because bed bugs are so small and great climbers, there is almost no space in your home that is off-limits to them.
Turn To The Professional As Soon As You See A Bed Bug
It can be almost impossible to get rid of all of the bed bugs in your Jacksonville home on your own. If you think that you may have a bed bug infestation, give us a call today. At B&T Pest Control, we have the knowledge and experience to get rid of bed bugs in your home for good. Contact us to find out more about our effective bed bug control services.
What B&T Customers Are Saying
"They do a great job. Very conscientious and easy to schedule with."